Sense that analytics should be easier?
Sigma delivers true self-service analytics.
DATA-DRIVEN BUSINESSES USE SIGMA FOR FAST, EASY, AND POWERFUL ANALYTICS
Sigma vs. Metabase
- Under-Optimized for Cloud Data Platforms
- No Row-Level Security
- SQL required for in-depth analysis
Leverage the power of the cloud, and analyze data at speed and scale.
- Empowers cloud self-service analytics in a governed and familiar UI: the spreadsheet.
- True no-code capability for Filters, Joins, Groupings, and Window Functions.
- Enables business users to freely drill down to row-level data at massive scale.
- Deploys embed solutions, keeping data where it’s most secure, in the warehouse
- CSAT: 4.8. Real-time dedicated in-app support for your entire organization in minutes. Thirty-minute dedicated office hours over Zoom to all accounts.
- Collaboration is disconnected, cannot merge content.
- Limited visualization and difficult filtering encourages business users to export.
- Cannot do multi-level groupings or window functions without SQL.
- Must manually update versions with new releases.
- No dedicated in-app chat support.
Real time support in minutes, not days
The support team is nailing it, it's really good support. Please keep it and even if you make it "VIP Treatment," then we want to be VIP. We love your live support.
CTO, Greenland Capital Management
There hasn't been a single data question I haven't been able to answer in Sigma once I engage the support team for help.
What really helped make my life easier in making the case for Sigma was the thought, effort, and responsiveness that your team put in whereas the competition simply lacked that level of depth!
Director of Analytics, OpenWeb
Why Companies Choose Sigma Over Metabase
A Cloud Native Start With Sigma
Sigma's generational differentiator from previous BI tools is being born in the cloud, keeping the modern cloud data platform in mind. Sigma will never hold or persist any of your data. Sigma’s spreadsheet-like interactions produce cloud platform-optimized SQL code that is executed live against your warehouse. Sigma's cloud-native architecture allows us to provide lower cost per user at scale and rapidly deploy innovative features such as:
- New Spreadsheet Functions
- Drill Anywhere
- Live Edit Collaboration
- "Bring Your Own Data" with Input Tables
Trial Our Embedding Capability Today
Embed evaluations are a snap with Sigma. Our in-app chat support and documentation ensure you can stand up a functional embedded Sigma workbook as soon as you connect to your cloud data platform. Sigma’s embedded functionality further differentiates itself with features including:
- End user “Save As” capability
- JSON Parsing
- Enterprise Row-Level Security
A Language and Interface Teams Already Know and Love
With Metabase, SQL code must be written to perform in-depth analysis. Sigma’s spreadsheet experience allows even non-technical users to freely explore, calculate, filter, and sort through billions of rows of data directly in the cloud data warehouse with no modeling required. Users can also endorse and curate datasets for collaborative analytics on trusted data.
Explore our Customer Stories
Co-founder & CTO, Slope Software
“If you had told me a year ago that we were going to switch embedded analytics' providers, I would’ve told you, you were crazy. Looker was integrated throughout our application. However, after running into enough roadblocks, limitations, and support issues, we started searching for alternatives and finally implemented Sigma.”
Thinking about Sigma? Here Are the Top 20 Questions We Get Every Day
We get a lot of questions about what makes Sigma unique and how it all works. Check out the top questions our go to market teams answer daily.
Accelerate Time to Value with Embedded Analytics
Learn how to deploy your embedded analytics solution and empower your end users to explore and analyze data on their own.
We are Sigma.
Sigma is a cloud-native analytics platform that uses a familiar spreadsheet interface to give business users instant access to explore and get insights from their cloud data warehouse. It requires no code or special training to explore billions of rows, augment with new data, or perform “what if” analysis on all data in real-time.