It's hard to believe a month has already passed since the Data + AI Summit 2023 (DAIS). The integration of Sigma and Databricks, showcased at DAIS, creates a unified data analytics platform that would revolutionize data management and analytics for organizations with diverse data sources.
At the summit, Databricks unveiled the immense potential of the Databricks Lakehouse platform, which includes groundbreaking capabilities like LakehouseIQ, the Databricks Marketplace, and Lakehouse Federation.
LakehouseIQ: is a proprietary knowledge engine that acquires knowledge about business and data concepts within your enterprise by analyzing signals from diverse sources like Unity Catalog, notebooks, data pipelines, and docs. This ability enables LakehouseIQ to construct highly accurate specialized models for your organization, solving problems and delivering insights.
- Sigma users can leverage these insights via the LakehouseIQ API, which allows them to interact with the system by posing questions about their data. The API converts these questions into queries and utilizes Databricks' internal LLM model to fetch relevant data for analysis within Sigma.
Databricks Marketplace: is a comprehensive platform that grants access to a wide array of data products for any client capable of reading delta shares. This marketplace not only benefits data product providers but also empowers consumers to effortlessly discover datasets, notebooks, and visualizations.
- This expansion empowers Sigma to develop more robust data solutions by harnessing the availability of diverse data sources within Databricks.
Lakehouse Federation: empowers organizations to seamlessly manage, discover, and govern their data across various platforms within the Databricks environment, enabling streamlined data management, discovery, and governance for organizations with diverse data sources like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Azure SQL Database, Azure Synapse, Google BigQuery, and more.
- By leveraging Databricks' federation capabilities, Sigma customers can overcome the challenge of managing data scattered across cloud and on-premise environments, accessing a wider range of data sources and significantly enhancing their analytics and business intelligence platform.
At DAIS, we had the opportunity to showcase the powerful integration of Sigma and Databricks, which together create a unified and enhanced end-to-end data analytics platform. By leveraging the strengths of both platforms, users can unlock new levels of data exploration, visualization, and model-driven insights.
We also announced the launch of Input Tables, an innovative feature that takes analytics collaboration to the next level. With Input Tables, Sigma users can seamlessly input data directly into Databricks, leveraging robust capabilities to enhance data engineering, AI/ML, data science workloads, and more. This seamless integration opens up a world of possibilities for businesses and data professionals.
Here's how different user groups can benefit from this integration:
- Business Leaders: With Input Tables, decision makers can actively interact with AI and ML models, enabling faster time to insights, deeper business awareness, and improved decision-making efficiency. This empowers leaders to make data-driven decisions with confidence and agility.
- Data Teams: Sigma users can contribute their data to the Databricks Lakehouse, enhancing the existing data ecosystem. This dynamic interaction adds agility and responsiveness to the analysis process, empowering data teams to enrich their analyses and leverage the full potential of their cloud data warehouse.
- Advanced Analytics Teams (Data Scientists, ML, AI, etc.): By incorporating tangible data and insights from business users in real-time, advanced analytics teams can enhance and validate their models without the need for complete retraining. This accelerates time to insights and product development, driving innovation within the organization.
Lastly, in case you missed our Lightning Talk at Summit, feel free to watch How Using Sigma Input Tables Improves Data Science and ML within Databricks on demand! Ready to jump into Sigma and check it out for yourself? Start exploring your data today.