Our mission is to empower everyone to make the best possible decisions at every turn by removing the barriers that prevent people from analyzing data across sources and delivering the full spectrum of self-service cloud analytics and business intelligence.
VP of Operations
VP of Engineering
Board of Directors
How it all started
As entrepreneurs in residence at Sutter Hill Ventures — the VC firm behind Snowflake, Pure Storage, and Sumo Logic — Sigma co-founders Rob Woollen and Jason Frantz worked to build an analytics solution that was purpose built for the cloud data warehouse transformation . They quickly noticed a major gap between existing analytics tools and the cloud data warehouse, and that no BI solutions on the market were delivering on their promise to make data accessible to the entire organization.
Scaling at top speed
Sigma was born, and after seeing strong market response from customers in a variety of industries, Sigma quickly raised $58M in funding to scale R&D and the sales organization, as well as attract a world-class executive team from companies including Snowflake, Databricks, SAP, Salesforce, Lyft, Zendesk, and Marketo. Since its inception, Sigma has developed customer relationships with leading brands such as US Foods, E.W. Scripps, Autodesk, and Philz Coffee, and built partnerships with key cloud and data industry players, like Snowflake, AWS, GCP, Fivetran, and Matillion amongst others.
- Built first prototype of spreadsheet-like interface
- Signed first customer, a global shipping and cargo management technology provider
- Sigma accepts $20M in funding, bringing total capital to $28M
- A&BI solution for cloud data warehouses launches
- Sigma moves to the heart of San Francisco’s Central Business District
- Sigma wins “Most Innovative Product” award at Strata Data Conference
- Sigma releases modeling and lineage capabilities
- Sigma named to CNBC’s Upstart 100 List
- Sigma accepts funding from Sutter Hill Ventures and Altimeter Capital, bringing total funding to $58M
- Sigma earns a spot on the San Francisco Business Times/Silicon Valley Business Journal Best Places to Work list
- Sigma wins the DEVIES award for “Best Innovation in Enterprise Solutions”
- Sigma is recognized as an Inc. Best Workplace
- Sigma earns a spot on the Bay Area News Group’s Top Workplaces List
- Sigma is named a 2020 SaaS Award Winner
- Sigma wins 2021 Best Customer Support Award from TrustRadius
- Sigma earns a BIG Innovation Award from the Business Intelligence Group