Last Revised: 2022-04-08
Sigma Computing, Inc. (“Sigma”, “we” and “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Statement — referred to in the rest of this document as our “Privacy Statement” describes our privacy practices regarding the Personal Data (as defined below) we collect from users at our website, sigmacomputing.com (collectively, the “Site”) and online services (“Services”).
This Privacy Statement applies to the processing of information about individuals or entities that we collect when using our “platform” which means any website, application or services Sigma offers. This Privacy Statement does not apply to the extent we process Personal Data in the role of a processor or service provider on behalf of our customers.
1. Personal Information We Collect
Personal Data is any information that relates to identified or identifiable individual. We collect this data in the following situations:
1.1 Information You Provide Us
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”). Our Site lets you store preferences like how your content is displayed, your location, safe search settings, and favorite widgets. We may associate these choices with your ID, browser or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time.
- Our Site lets you store preferences like how your content is displayed, your location, safe search settings, and favorite widgets. We may associate these choices with your ID, browser or the mobile device, and you can edit these preferences at any time.
- When connecting to our Services via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you provide content of feedback, testimonials, inquiries, support tickets, and any phone conversations, chat sessions and emails with or to us;
- When you participate in one of Sigma’s surveys, we may collect additional information.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
1.2 Information Collected via Technology
- Browser and device data, such as IP address, device type, operating system and Internet browser type, screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, plug-ins, add-ons and the language version of the Sites you are visiting;
Usage data, such as time spent on the Sites, pages visited, links clicked, language preferences, and the pages that led or referred you to our Sites.
We also may collect information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps and other online features and services. We use Google Analytics on our Sites to help us analyze Your use of our Sites and diagnose technical issues
1.3 Information Collected from Third Party Companies
We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website or companies that offer their products and/or services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
2. Use of Personal Information
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- Provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- Provide the Services you request, including our data analytics services;
- Improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- Send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- Send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- Respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the Personal Data; and
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose your Personal Information as described below and as described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company.
- Third Parties Designated by You. In general, we do not access any content being shared between users on our Services. All user content is generally stored on our business customer’s servers. When you use the Services, the Personal Data you provide to us through the Services, will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including other websites, your team members, colleagues, customers and business associates. Depending on the type of access you grant to such third parties, they may also be permitted to edit the information you have provided to us and to designate others to access and edit such information. You may change your settings at any time as to who has access to your information by going to your account settings and changing your publishing options.
- Affiliates. We may share some or all of your Personal Data with our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control (“Affiliates”), in which case we will require our Affiliates to honor this Privacy Statement.
- Corporate Restructuring. We may share some or all of your Personal Data in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, Personal Data may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business, or assets, that company will possess the Personal Data collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your Personal Data as described in this Privacy Statement.
- Other Disclosures. We may also disclose your Personal Data, to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide it; or with your consent.
4. Third Party Websites
Our Site may contain links to third party websites. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Site and go to another site, and another entity may collect Personal Data or Anonymous Data from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content. Please be aware that the terms of this Privacy Statement do not apply to these outside websites or content, or to any collection of your Personal Data after you click on links to such outside websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of every website you visit. The links to third party websites or locations are for your convenience and do not signify our endorsement of such third parties or their products, content or websites.
5. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you with certain controls and choices regarding the use of your personal information, which may include:
- Correcting and Updating Account Information. All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Data in their user account (including any imported or entered contacts) by contacting us. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your metadata records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Opting out of Receiving Electronic Communications. If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link included in such emails. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that opting-out of marketing communications does not opt you out of receiving important business communications related to your current relationship with us, such as important administrative messages that are required to provide you with our Services.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
6. Use by Minors
Our websites are not directed at children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. Please contact us under “Contact Us” section below if you believe we might have personal information from or about a minor and we will take steps to delete their personal information from our systems.
7. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time for any reason. Any changes will be posted on this page with an updated revision date. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to remain informed about our collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data.
8. Privacy Notices
Privacy Shield Data Protection Principles
Sigma Computing complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss- U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data transferred from the European Union, the United Kingdom, and Switzerland, as applicable, to the United States in reliance on Privacy Shield. Sigma Computing has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles with respect to such data. If there is any conflict between the terms in this notice and the Privacy Shield Principles, the Privacy Shield Principles shall govern. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view our certification, please visit https:// www.privacyshield.gov/.
If you have any inquiries or complaints about the handling of your personal information under Privacy Shield, please contact us using the “Contact Us “section listed below. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https:// www.jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-
When Sigma maintains Personal Information about you outside of a direct relationship with you, because we obtained or maintain your Personal Information as a processor, Sigma’s customers are responsible for providing you with certain choices about the customer’s use or disclosure of your personal information.
When we obtain or maintain your Personal Information as a controller, we may disclose the Personal Information, without offering you a choice, in the following cases: to our processors or service providers; to our affiliates; as part of a corporate restructuring (e.g., a merger or acquisition); or as required by law. You may also choose to disable third-party cookies that collect Personal Information through Sigma’s website. If we disclose your Personal Information to other third parties, we will obtain your consent. We also allow you to choose to opt out of marketing-related emails from us, and to update or correct Personal Information in your account.
Liability for Onward Transfers
Sigma Computing complies with the Privacy Shield’s Principle regarding accountability for onward transfers. Sigma remains liable under the Principles if it onward transfer recipients process Personal Data in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Sigma proves that it was not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act requires businesses to disclose whether they sell Personal Data. As a business covered by the CCPA, we do not sell Personal Data. We may share Personal Data with third parties or allow them to collect Personal Data from our sites or Services if those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such Personal Data, or if you use Salesforce sites or Services to interact with third parties or direct us to disclose your Personal Data to third parties.
California law requires that we detail the categories of Personal Data that we share or disclose for certain “business purposes,” such as disclosures to service providers that assist us with securing our services or marketing our products. We disclose the following categories of Personal Data for our business purposes:
- Commercial information;
- Internet activity information;
- Financial information;
- Professional and employment-related information;
- Education information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information categories.
California law grants state residents certain rights, including the rights to access specific types of Personal Data, to learn how we process Personal Data, to request deletion of Personal Data, and not to be denied goods or services for exercising these rights.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18 and have registered for an account with us, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to our website(s). Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, because, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
For information on how to exercise your rights or if you are an authorized agent wishing to exercise rights on behalf of a California resident, please use this link or contact us using the information in the “Contacting Us” section below and provide us with a copy of the consumer’s written authorization designating you as their agent
We may need to verify your identity and place of residence before completing your rights request.
9. Contact Us
To exercise your rights regarding your personal information, or if you have questions about this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, please use this link, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 415-787-0744, or write us at:
Sigma Computing, Inc.
90 New Montgomery St, #1500
San Francisco CA 94105