Announcing Input Tables: Your Warehouse, Now with Your Data
The reality is that every company using data to make decisions in 2023 still runs on spreadsheets. Whether it’s the familiarity, the simplicity, or the need to make contextual edits, companies are still operating with tools built decades ago—missing out on all of the scale, speed, and governance provided by the cloud data warehouse. Shouldn’t there be a better way?
So we built input tables—a UI for all users to be able to create and manage their own tables directly in the warehouse—and leverage all the power that comes with it. (Remember: exporting to Excel → no governance at all and lots of time wasted.)
With input tables, you can:
- Bring your own data to analysis: You’ve done this before—if you’ve typed data, or used copy and paste, you can use input tables.
- Perform what/if analysis: Join Input Tables with your other warehouse data. Need to forecast your next quarter? Optimize your territory plan? Evaluate three different scenarios? You can use input tables.
- Capture context on your analysis: Why are customers unprofitable? Why are actuals different from the estimates? What are we going to do about it? Recording this context has never been possible before, but now you can use input tables.
… and, by the way, you can do all of this together, live.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Performance isn’t an issue—we’re faster than your warehouse: We do the work, so you don’t have to. No waiting, just magic. (Eng blog coming soon)
- You own your data: We’re not storing data, it’s yours—in your warehouse, and you can use it wherever you need it. (And you can put it to work)
- Governance out-of-the-box: From row-level security to fine-grained access controls– curate the experience for every user based on your needs… And audit their every edit (if you want to) Remember: data’s not governed if it’s leaving your warehouse.
Make the right decision and get started
Input tables are already available for all Snowflake connections —check out our help docs to get started.
Not using Snowflake? Let us know which warehouse you’d like for us to support, and we’ll add it to our list.
If you’re interested in learning more about input tables and their use cases, check out our:
- Customer case studies with Workato and Strategus
- Extensive documentation to learn all the ins-and-outs
- The most common input tables use cases we’ve seen
- Our QuickStarts to help you start building.