Reimagine Your Analytics Workflow
Ever spot an anomaly on a dashboard and wanted to drill down and investigate on your own? Dashboards and Excel extracts are limited in detail. You’re an Excel guru, but finding answers is impossible when data is stale, siloed, aggregated, and incomplete.
Sigma Puts Business Teams in the Analytics Driver’s Seat
If you know how to use a spreadsheet, you know how to use Sigma. Unlike traditional BI tools, Sigma empowers cross-functional teams to analyze data at cloud scale and speed without having to go to the BI team or learn how to code.
And unlike traditional spreadsheets, domain experts can seamlessly drill into granular detail across dozens of data sources and billions of rows of live data to ask as many questions as they need. Sigma also makes it easy to collaborate and share analyses with others.
The Traditional Analytics Workflow Takes Weeks
- A domain expert from marketing, finance, sales, etc. has a question about their data.
- They submit a request to their BI team.
- The BI team uses SQL and data expertise to join various data sources, query their cloud data platform, and create a dashboard that they think answers the question — a process that can take weeks.
- The marketer, analyst, or operations manager views the dashboard and has a follow-up question, so they submit another request to the BI team.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until BI exports an aggregated dataset to a spreadsheet and gives it to the domain expert to do their own analysis.
- The domain expert does their best with the spreadsheet, which is now out of date, difficult to append, crashes under large datasets, and impossible to share without creating security and governance risks. Return to Step 1 and repeat as necessary until answers are found.
The Modern Cloud Analytics Workflow Takes Seconds
- A domain expert from marketing, finance, sales or operations has a new data question OR wants to drill down into the data underneath an existing reporting dashboard.
- They open their cloud-native analytics tool to get direct, governed access to all of the live data inside their BI team’s cloud data platform.
- They use the spreadsheet-like interface to join data sources, calculate, filter, sort, do free-form root cause analyses, what-if scenario modeling, create visualizations, collaborate with teammates, and get answers in seconds. — The BI team cheers while enjoying the freedom to work on more strategic data projects!
“After being in business for nearly 50 years, our teams can finally access and leverage all our legacy data to improve our products and services. Sigma helps give us that competitive advantage.”
How to Transform Your Analytics Workflow
Sigma’s cloud-native analytics solution was purpose-built to empower teams across finance, sales, marketing, and more to independently investigate live data at scale, easily find answers to ad hoc questions, and work together to get to the heart of complex problems in real-time.
The Evolution of the Spreadsheet
The idea of organizing data in tables has been around for thousands of years. But traditional spreadsheets simply weren’t built for the volume, variety, and velocity of today’s data. Sigma’s spreadsheet-like analytics experience:
- Enables flexible, flowing analysis without requiring deep technical knowledge, such as SQL
- Removes scale limitations and provides direct access to real-time data
- Combines the advantages of a spreadsheet approach with self-service secure access to governed single source of truth data sets
Beyond the Dashboard
Dashboards are powerful tools to track standard KPIs, but solving problems typically requires the ability to access the underlying data to conduct in-depth, iterative analysis. Sigma empowers domain experts to:
- Empower business experts to freely drill down anywhere and calculate anything on the full data to answer complex data questions right there in the meeting
- Make the need to “take it offline” to find answers to follow up questions to dashboard charts a relic of the past
Analytics as a Collaborative Experience
Traditional analytics tools and spreadsheets running on local computers were designed to enable individual work. But the pace of business plus the power of the cloud has made collaboration on data a corporate imperative. With Sigma, teams can:
- Allow teams to securely access and work together on live data in real-time from wherever they are
- Empower teams to rapidly iterate on analyses and leverage each other’s work
- Go beyond simple sharing and commenting by providing a flexible collaborative canvas for everyone in the team to communicate with data and use it for their jobs
Sigma Makes Complex Analysis More Accessible Than Ever Before
Root cause analysis
Get to the “why” of business issues and find appropriate solutions to prevent them from happening again.
Campaign spend attribution
Determine which touch points have the greatest impact on conversions when you break free from summarized dashboard views and manual backend spreadsheet extracts.
Breakthrough uncertainty and model any scenario at lightning speed based on different variables including budget allocations.
Segment data sets with information about users, prospects, or customers to better understand how to engage and interact with these specific groups.
Product and service optimization
Drill down into KPIs and how customers are using your offerings to make more informed feature and resource prioritization decisions.
Operational budget analysis
Flexibly analyze all aspects of your budget process to facilitate cross-functional reviews and planning with a full view of trends (Year onnY, QonQ), plan vs. results, and forecasting details.