Why Sigma is Different
Sigma was designed to enable cross-functional teams to make data-driven decisions by harnessing the full power of the cloud. Sigma empowers everyone, regardless of technical expertise, to ask granular questions of their data in a familiar spreadsheet interface without scale limitations.
The heart of the Sigma Workbooks unified collaborative canvas is a simple interface that enables you to model, analyze, visualize, and ultimately, present data-driven conclusions to your most pressing business challenges.
- Empower business users with true self-service and an uninterrupted flow of analysis without having to ask for help
- Curate data sets, iteratively analyze data, and make calculations against billions of rows of live data using spreadsheet skills, pivot tables, and formulas to find answers in seconds
- Conduct root cause analysis and scenario modeling without writing SQL
- Collaborate cross-functionally within a single workbook
Built for the Cloud Data Warehouse
Sigma is a pure cloud-native SaaS solution that was designed to leverage the full power and flexibility of cutting-edge cloud data warehouse technology. It overcomes the limitations of traditional business intelligence and analytics tools.
- Connect directly to live, trusted data in your cloud data warehouse and eliminate data extracts
- Explore data within minutes of connecting to your warehouse for near-instant time to value
- Enjoy near-zero maintenance and automatic scaling
- Incorporate a wide range of data types, including JSON with automated parsing, into analyses
- Maintain synchronized security and governance with your cloud data warehouse
Performance at Scale
A unique combination of direct connection to your cloud data warehouse and in-browser data calculation delivers a lightning-fast user experience at any scale.
- Join data sets and analyze hundreds of billions of rows of data in seconds without having to summarize, aggregate, extract, or cube data for performance
- Leverage the virtually limitless scale, processing power, and concurrency of your cloud data warehouse for a seamless experience with any number of users on any size of data
- Communicate with your cloud data warehouse efficiently using optimized machine-generated SQL that is created for user actions
- Enable cross-functional teams to collaborate so they can understand data down to a granular level and communicate results within a single Sigma workbook
“Because Sigma feels like a spreadsheet, users haven’t hesitated to dive right into Snowflake data for faster insights.”