Not Your Average Business Intelligence Tool
Sigma is not “another traditional business intelligence tool.” We offer a highly differentiated architecture and approach that sets us apart as a next-generation BI and data exploration platform.
How Sigma Is Different
Sigma was built from day one with a familiar interface and SaaS architecture to enable a spreadsheet-like experience with unlimited cloud data warehouse (CDW) scale. This enables Sigma to deliver on the promise of true self-service BI, data democratization, and deep analytics where traditional BI tools have come up short.
Our differentiators fall into three main categories:
Built for the Cloud Data Warehouse
Sigma was purpose-built from scratch as a fully-managed SaaS product to take advantage of the CDW. Unlike other BI tools it is not retrofitted from on-premise to the cloud with architectural limitations.
- Direct connection to live, accurate data in the CDW with no stale, risky extracts
- Fast time to value; start exploring data in minutes
- Teams easily work off the same data to improve collaboration
- No maintenance from hardware or software installs, upgrades, or backups
- Accommodates wide range of data types, including JSON
Sigma pushes all queries to the CDW for execution to take advantage of its near-unlimited scale and speed.
- Ad hoc queries or dashboards against billions of rows of data return results in seconds
- Fast queries even when joining massive data sets across diverse data sources
- No need to summarize, aggregate, extract, or cube data for better performance
- Embed Sigma dashboards into other apps for an unlimited number of viewers
Familiar User Interface
Sigma uses an intuitive, spreadsheet-like interface for exploring and analyzing data and creating visualizations. Everyone can easily use it, including non-technical business users.
- Interface converts user actions into optimized SQL so no technical skills or coding are required
- Easy to go from exploring row-level data, to summaries, to visualizations
- Single click on a dashboard to get to underlying data for more analysis
- True self-service analytics and fast time to insight for all users and all their data
“Because Sigma feels like a spreadsheet, users haven’t hesitated to dive right into Snowflake data for faster insights.”